The Federal Drug Administration was originally founded to ?protect? we, the folk of america, from unscrupulous drug companies and ?snake oil? salesmen. However, it has grown into a protector of those same unscrupulous drug companies (generally known as Big Pharma). Not only does the FDA ?NOT? protect the public from now on, nevertheless it actually contributes to the harming of it. Let?s take a wiser take a look at this Government agency it is alleged to protect you and me.
1. In June 2000, a extremely secret (no-notes) meeting was held between the FDA, the heart for Disease Control (CDC), and the main producers of infant vaccines. (GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Wyeth and Aventis Pasteur). What was the topic discussed at this meeting? A study by Tom Verstraeten of the CDC that clearly showed that mercury (Thimerosal) in current vaccines was a massive reason for ADD, ADHD, Autism and other brain problems in children.
Since 1991, when the CDC and the FDA had recommended that three additional vaccines laced with the preservative accept to extremely young infants — in one case, within hours of birth — the estimated number of cases of autism had increased fifteen fold, from one in every 2,500 children to 1 in 166 children.
The ?rumors? about this problem were around for some years, but were ignored by the FDA. Now, there was definite proof! So, faced with this knowledge, did the FDA (and/or the CDC) ?leap? into action to give protection to our youngsters? NO! Why not? an enormous reason has to had been that the vaccine makers still had a enormous supply of these vaccines to sell. There?s also the prospect that some can be sued and lose even more cash. Not to mention the ?black eye? that the FDA might rightfully get! So the FDA sold out the public again in favor of massive Pharma?s profits. Who cares about some dumb kids when there?s money involved? For more details on this meeting, inspect http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0616-31.htm .
2. A 2002 study, done by the dep. of Health and Human Services inspector general, showed that about 20 percent of FDA scientists said they were pressured to approve or recommend approval of a medication despite reservations about risks or effectiveness. a query comes to my mind – what percentage others actually took bribes to approve such drugs? Understand that there are billions of dollars involved. Let?s check out just the category of synthetic sweeteners as an instance this point.
a. Aspartame (NutraSweet) was shown by animal testing to be neurotoxic, with the opportunity of dangerous brain injury. This knowledge was ignored, and it was approved. Despite thousands of cases, and some deaths, it still remains on the list. Billions of greenbacks were involved. What number FDA ?scientists? got theirs?
b. Sucralose (Splenda) was also shown by animal testing to be dangerous to humans, causing liver damage. Splenda is a ?modified sugar? containing chlorine, and this molecule kills everything around it. But, despite these tests, it got approved, and is now the key sweetener in diet drinks. Again billions of dollars are involved.
c. Saccharine was banned by the FDA for a time when one ?researcher? found the potential of ?cancer in mice? from using it. Never mind that the dosage was some 2-3000 times that which could be used.- it certainly scared the public off, and onto the above sweeteners. That decision made billions in profits for large Pharma. Saccharine is generally refered to by many to be completely safe, but many also believe it causes cancer. Where is the FDA now?
3. The above doesn?t even consider the really dangerous drugs which were approved by the FDA which actually kill people. That list is endless. It has been estimated that well over 7000 persons per year die from drugs prescribed by their MD. Some more questions should be answered. How did these drugs that made millions of bucks for enormous Pharma before the occurring deaths get approved? Why does the FDA stall recalling such drugs? What percentage FDA so-called scientists got rich which means that, and what percentage people died?
I was amazed to be informed that the FDA approval board for brand spanking new drugs has a majority of members which might be actually employees of major drug companies, and they ?wash each others backs?! Untold numbers of recent drugs are ?approved? without good data on safety, or actual falsified data. New products, that are often old products touted as new are approved whilst the old ones are withdrawn due to problems. (And the brand new ones are typically more costly.
You’re accustomed to among the drugs that have killed people from the scoop. How did they get thru the ?screening? required tests of the FDA? How much data was falsified inside the grab for ?big bucks?? Let?s look into only 1 recent case.
Inside the first six months of 2006, Novartis, the maker of Gleevec a cancer drug had worldwide sales of 1.2 BILLION. Yet, that’s known that this drug can damage the guts. 10 leukemia patients taking Gleevec developed severe congestive heart failure and died. A study showed that Gleevec kills heart muscle cells. Is the drug suspended or recalled? NO. Why not? Novartis argued that further research was needed to totally understand the capability dangers. At $63 million a day let?s not turn off the ?cash cow? just because a couple of ?nearly? terminal patients might die.
That appears the morality of massive Pharma, and they’ve the large Bucks to absolutely corrupt the agency that’s imagined to protect us.
4. The Bush government and the FDA not in the past was busy ?scaring? the public in regards to the ?Bird flu? epidemic that’s supposedly coming. This, despite most real scientists saying that the ?avian flu? has little or no chance of mutation into a human form. Do you believe you studied it?s a coincidence that Tamiflu, the vaccine for ?bird flu was developed by an organization called Gilead, with Donald Rumsfeld (Sec of Defense) as the foremost stockholder? He makes millions from the sale of 2 billion dollars of Tamiflu to be stockpiled ?just in case?. This administration is known for ?scare tactics?.
5. Big Pharma has been trying for years to regulate the ?health food? industry. It?s only because of the vigilance of a number of persons that they haven?t succeeded. In actual fact that vitamin and mineral and other supplements do help keep people healthier, and that, obviously isn’t within the interests of the drug companies (or, once you consider it – your doctor). In Europe, they’ve mostly succeeded. In most countries you need to have a prescription to get vitamin pills!
6.Let?s take another seriously look into the FDA record on ?protecting the public?. Inside the late 80?s, one (out of three) Japanese company manufacturing L-Tryptophan had one ?bad batch? that made several people sick. The FDA leaped into action (whipped on by Big Pharma) and immediately banned all Tryptophan. The alternative two companies had never had any problems, but they were banned in addition. Hooray for the FDA. The actually ?protected? us from a Japanese made normally harmless amino acid.
It took several years for Tryptophan to re-appear available to buy, and lo and behold, it was produced by Big Pharma under the name of 5htp. Suddenly, it was safe again.
Let?s compare this to Tylenol. A ?bad batch? of this poisoned several persons. It was recalled, and we – the public – were protected. However, a number of weeks later, it was back on the shelves – seemingly no worse for the wear and tear. What was the variation? The sole one I may find was that in one case a Japanese company was getting cash, and within the other cases American companies. Could there really be ?hanky-panky? at the FDA? Is the fox really running the henhouse?
7. A few of the FDA rules are ridiculous. The usage of EEG biofeedback (AKA neurofeedback) has been proved for over 35 years in over a half million cases that it could ?cure? many ?brain problems?. These include the ADD-Autism continuum, depression, insomnia, epilepsy, and even some styles of schizophrenia. But, no psychologist or other clinician can say ?cure? for fear of the wrath of the FDA. It sounds as if nobody except an MD using dangerous drugs can ?cure anything?. Anyone else must be a ?quack?. So, clinicians ?tiptoe? around the ?cure? word. EEG biofeedback ?trains? or ?teaches?, and doesn’t ?cure?.
I invented an easy method of brain wave amplification this is analogous to EEG Biofeedback/Neurofeedback in 2004, and in tests up to now, it has been shown to be as successful. But I will not say it may ?cure?, or I might be arrested by the FDA as ?practicing medicine without a license?. (Free speech – Hah!) And, since my new method will replace most of the current dangerous drugs used for mental problems, you will be sure that giant Pharma will likely be ?pushing? their friends at the FDA to ?shut me down?.
The FDA has gone from ?protecting the public? to ?protecting the drug industry?, and we, the folk, are much poorer for this transformation. Money, unfortunately, not only talks, however corrupts in addition.