There are some ways of doing superb hypnosis work that are worth knowing about. In fact, if you use them, you may just stand out from the pack and make your clients very happy as well. There are specific words that you can say and guidelines for actions that you can take that will make your hypnosis sessions truly great.
What to Do if They’re not Getting Anything
If you do interactive hypnotherapy, you may ask clients what’s going on inside their deep inner minds. Some clients see images or feel feelings or have memories of past events – but some clients don’t get anything at all. In this case, you have a few possible responses:
* Say, “If you could experience something, what would it be?” You’ll be surprised that they may have all kinds of experiences that are triggered by this hypothetical question.
* Say, “Just imagine that you’re getting something.” This may be all the stimulus they need.
* Ask them, “What’s that ‘nothing’ like?” Then ask them to describe that “nothing,” and see if a description of something can come out of that “nothing.”
* Ask them “Okay, what are you experiencing in your body?” If they have a pain or a tension somewhere, let that be a step toward understanding what’s going on inside.
How to Prepare Clients for Hypnosis Sessions
Say to them,
* “Some people relax very deeply. Some relax very lightly. Most people are right in the middle. You’ll have full awareness and full control, and you’ll get what you need.”
This will assure that they know that even if they’re in a very light state, they’re still in hypnosis. Some people worry about it if they’re in light states, and they ask you, “Was I really in hypnosis?” By letting them know that hypnosis depths are on a continuum in which some are light while others are deep, they’ll have more understanding of the nature of hypnosis depth.. By telling them that they’ll have full awareness, you’ll help eliminate their fears. Telling them they’ll get what they need is a pre-hypnotic suggestion that is highly positive.
Use the Present Tense
If you’re doing hypnotic regression, say “What are you experiencing?” rather than “What were you experiencing?” This makes your sessions more immediate and powerful. Your clients will go into true experiences rather than into memories.
Want to learn more about life transformation, spiritual growth, and healing? You can download our 100 page free ebook, Extraordinary Healing at http://www.lifetransformationsecrets.com. You can also subscribe to our wonderful free monthly newsletter, “The Transformation News.” Marilyn Gordon is a board certified hypnotherapist, teacher, speaker, healer, school director, and author with over thirty years of experience. Her latest book is The Wise Mind: The Brilliant Key to Life Transformation and Healing.