Profound Change Begins With Just A Single Step
Begin to allow yourself to feel a level of inner peace, because Andrew understands the issues that drive your life and how you alter your behaviours to cope with the issues that hold you back. There is always a way through the maze of feelings, emotions and behaviours to create the life you truly seek.
With a diverse range of life experience, positive attitude and a huge capacity to understand your specific issues, Andrew is able to empathetically embrace others with respect and this allows clients to achieve their goals in a confidential, practical and successful manner.
Andrew Reay provides high quality, confidential and compassionate assistance to individuals who are ready to change using a blend of Counselling, NLP elements, Ego State Therapy, Parts Therapy, Metaphor Therapy and Hypnotherapy, with supporting modalities such as emWave Heart Math and NES Provision.
What sort of life changes are you seeking?
We help people with a range of presenting issues, which may be: attitudes, behaviours, beliefs, habits and self limiting thoughts, feelings and emotional structures.
- Addictions: drinking, gambling, smoking
- Anxieties, panic attacks and stress
- Children’s social and learning issues
- Learning, concentration and memory enhancement
- Confidence, esteem and public speaking
- Depression, grief, fears and phobias
- Unwanted habits: hair pulling, nail biting, thumb sucking, stuttering
- Migraines, sleep and insomnia
- Sports performance, golf, snooker, martial arts, etc
- Personal development and self improvement
- Phobias: public speaking, flying, heights, travelling
- Stress, nervous Tension
- Sexual performance, female and male dysfunction
- Weight loss and eating disorders
Perhaps you want to empower all of the existing positive aspects of your life and to strive and achieve higher levels of personal success.
As a client, let’s face it, you want a solution to your presenting issue, and within reason, the how, what, why, where and when is somewhat irrelevant: the most important thing is get the issue resolved and for you to get on with your life.
Every session will involve a small portion of counselling to fully appreciate and understand the issue, or to review progress to date, so that the therapeutic intervention leads to transformational outcomes which are congruent with the specified and agreed upon goals.
Sometimes the most appropriate intervention may be via counselling, to help you acquire new skills to better manage personal issues. Counselling offers a different perspective and stimulates your own ability to think of creative solutions to problems. Sharing your thoughts and feelings with someone not personally involved in your life can be most helpful. Counselling is excellent for a sense of: increased self confidence, health and well being; improved relationships, greater sense of balance between work and personal life, comfort to make decisions and resolve conflicts.
Ego State Therapy identifies and names facets of a client’s personality, i.e. the “frightened child” or “control freak” are two that come to mind. The therapist identifies the characteristics and function of each ego state, and then uses various psychotherapeutic techniques to achieve an internal diplomacy. Ego State therapy may utilise hypnosis, but is not necessarily required to do so. Ego State therapy can be used to resolve complex psychodynamic problems relatively quickly.
Similarly Parts Therapy may be used, which is based on the concept that our personality is composed of a number of various parts, aspects of the subconscious, each with their respective functions of the inner mind. Parts Therapy works extremely well when the client is in a hypnotic state.
Metaphor Therapy involves the use of a story or illustration to see alternative ways of looking at something. Every culture and religion uses these types of stories, analogies, parables to improve understanding, make a point more memorable and help us make positive changes. Metaphors help us to see thoughts, their nature and role, in a different light, which in turn helps to create a space, between us and our thoughts, to see things objectively, to create that think shift.
Hypnosis is a state of consciousness where the cognitive powers are at rest. It’s something that you allow to happen to you, not something that the hypnotherapist does to you. A hypnotic state allows you to experience a deep state of relaxation, peace, harmony and tranquility. Hypnotherapy and Hypnoanalysis are therapeutic processes that are undertaken by the therapist while the client is in a state of hypnosis.
How many sessions will I need?
After years of dealing with clients and all sorts of presenting issues, it is absolutely clear that every person is truly unique. All of us have different upbringings and life experiences, we view the world from our own perspective and value system.
As a result, all of us have different requirements and different motivations to achieve our own objectives. It is therefore challenging to estimate how many sessions you may require, especially without knowing what your presenting issue is and how it affects you, however, most clients undertake three to four consultations to achieve their life changing goals, we stress this is a guideline only.
• Master in Counselling (Monash University)
• Master of Metaphysics
• Bachelor of Business
• Bachelor of Metaphysics
• Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy
• Diploma of Professional Counselling
• Diploma of Ego State Therapy
• Magnetista Emeritus, Mesmerismus Techniques Practitioner
• Life Between Lives Spiritual Integration – certified by The Newton Institute
• Past Life Regression Therapist – Certified by The New York Centre of Holistic Healing
• Quantum Consciousness Facilitator
• Certificate of Supervision
• Certified NLP Practitioner
• Certified EmoTrance Practitioner
• Certified EFT Practitioner
• Certified Energy Meditation Practitioner
• Certified Meridian & Energy Therapies Practitioner
• Training & Assessment (Cert IV)
• Reiki – Level I & II
• First Aid Level Two
• Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists (ASCH, Clinical Member)
• Australian Hypnotherapists Association (AHA, Clinical Member)
• Australian Counselling Association (ACA, Qualified Member Level Two)
• Australian National Hypnotherapists Register (ANHR)
• National Hypnotherapists Register of Australia (NHRA)
• Australian Society of Clinical Hypnotherapists and Australian Association of Clinical Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists
Health Funds and Rebates
• Meeting Private Health Insurance (Accreditation) Rules 2008.
• A recognised provider across a number of private health funds, so please check with your fund provider, we are considered counsellors and hypnotherapists, not psychologists.
• Addictions – drinking, gambling, smoking
• Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
• Corporate Issues: Anger and Stress Management, Relaxation, Public Speaking, Accepting Change, Confidence, Self Esteem
• Depression, Grief and Loss
• Fears and Phobias
• Men’s Sexual Confidence
• Weight Loss, Management and Eating Disorders
Consultations Strictly by appointment only.
55 Marrbridge Road, Moorabbin Vic 3189
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 10am to 6pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday – 8am to 6pm
The Moorabbin Clinic servicing the central southern bayside suburbs:
Aspendale, Brighton, Beaumaris, Bentleigh, Blackrock, Carnegie, Caulfield, Chadstone, Chelsea, Cheltenham, Clayton, Elsternwick, Elwood, Frankston, Gardenvale, Hampton, Highett, Hughesdale, Mentone, McKinnon, Moorabbin, Mordialloc, Mulgrave, Noble Park, Keysborough, Murrumbeena, Oakleigh, Ormond, Parkdale, Ripponlea, Sandringham, St.Kilda, Windsor