Self Hypnosis has quickly become one of the most popular self help tools available for people who want to help themselves with all kinds of challenges and issues. Indeed, it is an effective way to tap into the unconscious resources that we all have available to us. But how do you know if you are doing it right or going deep enough or even if it’s working?
Here are some secrets that will help you get the most out of your trance.
1) Choose a location where you can get really comfortable and won’t be disturbed for the duration of the trance.
2) The setup is as important as the trance itself. Before you begin relaxing state out loud the purpose of going into the trance (ie: I want to learn new ways to be more motivated) and the length of time you want it to last. This sends a clear message to your unconscious regarding what you want to work on and how long the trance should last.
3) Trust the unconscious to do the work, don’t try to consciously control or judge the trance experience, this can actually lighten the level of trance and/or bring you out of the trance earlier than you desire.
4) You’ll be surprised at how accurate your internal body clock is for timing the length of your trance. However, if you have a hard time trusting that you will awaken from the trance at the time you instructed, then set a backup alarm on your cell phone or watch. This will avoid you consciously guessing how long you have been in the trance state during the trance.
5) Enjoy the experience, after all it’s one of the most personal experiences you can have! A time when there is nowhere else to be and nothing else to do, it’s time to just simply be.
There are many different techniques and methods for accessing the state of Self Hypnosis. One of the best ways is to download a recording that provides a trance experience or teaches you how to access the trance state (there is a free one on our site). The more you experience trance the more trance you’ll experience, meaning that you will learn to go into trance states deeper and faster each time you experience it.
Alan Crossley is a Master Hypnotist and NLP Practitioner. He is a certified member of the National Guild of Hypnotists and provides Hypnosis and NLP MP3 Downloads via his website at http://www.hypnosisdownloads.org